My Travel Map

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The adventurous side of ME!!



The first time I did something adventurous (that I remember of) was when I was 3 and highly inspired by The Jungle Book. I tried to jump from one sofa to another like Bageera the panther but unfortunately landed on the corner table almost breaking my head. I still have a mark on my forehead reminding me about this incident.




I always loved going on school camps because they took us hiking and trekking and organised various activities such as rock climbing, river crossing and rappelling. But my first 'real' adventure was paragliding at Manali when I was 10, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Later I tried parasailing and jetskiing in Pattaya where I almost drowned myself and my mom (I was only 13 though!!) I also volunteered to lie down on the ground with an elephant walking over me which I consider as an adventure that freaked my mom out!! White-water rafting in the Teesta river on the way to Darjeeling was also fun. I also loved the undersea walk feeding fishes and diving on board a submarine in Mauritius.



I love Goa and it is one destination where I can go time and again. I love beaches and Goa has some lovely beaches and most importantly they do watersports. During my recent trip, I went jetskiing and on the banana boat ride (finally :D) which I wanted to go for since I went to Pattaya but my mom did not allow me then :(



My favorite adventure remains hanging out of the Mumbai local trains at peak hours. Adventure really is what you find adventurous. It can be anything YOU want it to be. Anything that you enjoy and sets your pulse racing....

Next on my list:
-Scuba diving (in Andamans)
-Bunjee jumping and Sky diving (preferably in New Zealand)

P.S: Sponsors welcome :D

2 comments:

  1. I wish my parents were adventurous enough to let me do all this. :| Very well written. :)

    ReplyDelete