My Travel Map

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Canterbury


My best friend has been in the UK for the past two years now and now that even I am here, I thought of visiting her for the weekend. She lives in Canterbury, in the district of Kent in south-east England. It is an English town which lies upon the river Stour mainly populated by students and the elderly. She lives in a lovely house with a cute loft, that I really envy!!


I arrived in Canterbury on a cold, drizzly Friday night and the next morning we went to the University of Kent, passing through the Town center visiting shops and a vintage fair. The university has a huge green campus and one can see the entire town from the campus. On campus we had the much hyped 'curly fries' and nachos at the university cafe.


Later during the day, we went to the town center again and had fresh hot chips (fries) in the rain. Then we went to the Canterbury Cathedral which is one of the oldest and most famous Christian structures in England and forms a part of a world heritage site.


 Well, I did not do much during my first visit to Cnaterbury and my lazy friend did not take me to the Canterbury castle. But I am sure there are many more to come and I intened to explore the place more.

No comments:

Post a Comment