My Travel Map

Sunday, January 16, 2011

I am going Home!! :)


As I write this looking out of my little airplane window watching the sun lighting up the horizon, remembering the past one week and how it passed by in a blur..... After a 4 hour coach ride, 10 hours of camping on Heathrow, some duty free retail therapy and a 13 hour flight with a 'run to catch the next flight' transfer at Doha when the plane finally descended upon Mumbai the feeling of being back home was great.


I was home just for a WEEK and my to do list included: 

1. ASSIGNMENT SUBMISSION, 2. Weddings, 3. Spending time with family and friends, 4. Shopping
So this is how the week went by:

Day 1:
Reached home at 5 am unpacked and slept through the next day (camping on Heathrow was tiring!!)

Day 2:
Street shopping on Colaba Causeway with my shopping buddy Roopa, travelled by local train, paid a visit to my grandparents and got stuck in traffic!!

Day 3:
Finished assignment and submitted it finally, ate vada pav and pav bhaji and went for the mehendi function.

Day 4:
Local train again, ate pani puri and more shopping.

Day 5:
Wedding!! went for the Winter Funk show in the evening, for the first time saw the entire show sitting in the audience.

Day 6:
Met friends, some more shopping and attended a function with mom.

Day 7:
Relaxed at home, went for another wedding in the evening. Had an awesome time with friends.

Day 8:
Pampered self, got a manicure, pedicure and hair spa.

It was short, but sweet and felt good to be back home in Mumbai living my old life!! :

P.S: I just spotted the Dubai palm islands and they look beautiful from up here, would surely like to go some day. Roopa are you listening? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment