My Travel Map

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Stuffed Mushroom with Cottage Cheese

Me and my sister totally loved this mushroom appetiser served at a particular restaurant in Mumbai. But sadly enough the restaurant discontinued serving it. I came across this recipe in a magazine and thought of trying it out. I was pleasantly surprise when it turned out to be pretty close and now every time I make it, I have something to make my sister jealous! :p




Ingredients:
6 closed cup mushrooms
100 gms cottage cheese
1 chopped onion
2 chopped green chilies
1 clove chopped garlic
1 cup yogurt
1 tbs gram flour
2 tsp dried mint leaves
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp oil
salt

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Remove mushroom stems and chop them finely.
3. In a pan add oil, once warm add cumin seeds and chopped chili. Saute onions and garlic, once the onion is translucent add chopped mushroom stems and 1 tsp dried mint leaves.
4. Combine the mixture with cottage cheese, 1 tbs yogurt and salt. Microwave for a minute. Fill the mushrooms with the stuffing and set aside.
5. In a bowl mix the remaining yogurt, gram flour, chopped chili, dried mint leaves, salt and garam masala.
6. Coat the stuffed mushrooms with the paste and bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 - 15 mins.

P.S: I made cottage cheese at home by adding lime juice to boiling milk and straining it with a muslin cloth. It is quick, fresh and easy. 1 liter milk makes around 100-150 gms cottage cheese.




No comments:

Post a Comment