My Travel Map

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Oats Upma

Upma is usually made with semolina (sooji) but as I did not have any, I made oats upma which is a healthier option. I wanted to have something healthy for breakfast today other than cereal and had got a packet oats just the other day. So oats upma it was!



Ingredients:
1 cup oats
1 cup mixed veggies, chopped (I used carrots, beans, corn and peas)
1 onion, chopped
1 green chili, chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
3-5 Curry leaves
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp oil
Salt

Method:
1. Dry roast oats and set aside.
2. In a pan add oil, once warm add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and chili. Saute onion and ginger garlic paste, once the onion is translucent add the vegetables. Add water and allow to cook.
3. Add oats and salt to the mixture. Add more water and allow oats to cook. Once the water has evaporated, serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment